GPU selection

With owning a pair of g-sync monitors. Is it worth sticking with Nvidia cards for G-Sync in the current market(not touching 40 series) for a new PC build?

With owning a pair of g-sync monitors. Is it worth sticking with Nvidia cards for G-Sync in the current market(not touching 40 series) for a new PC build?
What is your monitor resolution?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/40-series/rtx-4080/
NVIDIA RTX 4080 12GB Graphics Card $899.99
NVIDIA RTX 4080 16GB Graphics Card $1199.99

Last edited:
1440p with a pair of Acer XB271HU
The techspot link in my previous post says wait for the reviews of the RTX 4080's seeing how those cards look like they could be a killer for your resolution and btw don't mind the trolls in that thread. They obviously don't do math.

Last edited:
$800. I'm not sold on either team. So I figure is nvidia worth the premium to keep g-sync? Or normal monitor usage with a more modest AMD

1440p with a pair of Acer XB271HU
It's worth noting that those Acer monitors have no FreeSync support whatsoever, so if you used AMD cards then you'd have no access to variable refresh rate.
As far as your budget goes you can get an RTX 3080 12GB that runs head to head with an RTX 3080 Ti.
The 4080 12GB model has an MSRP of $899, which is higher than a budget of $800. And @greyknight666 did say that they would be avoiding the 40 series, twice.

It's worth noting that those Acer monitors have no FreeSync support whatsoever, so if you used AMD cards then you'd have no access to variable refresh rate.

The 4080 12GB model has an MSRP of $899, which is higher than a budget of $800. And @greyknight666 did say that they would be avoiding the 40 series, twice.
Hence the reason I posted RTX 3080 12GB. It's in the post you quoted.

Hence the reason I posted RTX 3080 12GB. It's in the post you quoted.
My apologies - I'd misread that last post because of the 4090 link that was in it. The 3080 12GB does indeed have an MSRP of $800 (bar a dollar) but current prices are all over the place, though.

Newegg has some on sale for $750 but all the rest are well above MSRP, although these are predominately AIB overclocked models. It's a similar tale at Amazon. Best Buy is listing some at MSRP but, no surprise, they're sold out, whereas the megabucks versions are still around.

Back