Graphic Driver Problem after OS upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, First time poster here.

I did an upgrade from XP to Vista HomeBasic and I cant seem to get my onboard graphics card driver installed properly; Its an Intel 82845G. When I installed Vista it couldnt find a driver for it and installed it as a standard VGA. When I chose to install the driver from a specific location I chose the folder C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\System32. Windows.old being the folder which contains my old OS system files and drivers and what not. Windows finds the proper driver and installs it. Windows then tells me I will have to restart for it to take effect but does not give me the restart now/ restart later option. So I restart it manually and when Windows boots back up it starts installing the graphics card and sets it back as a standard VGA. I tried downloading the driver from Intel but it comes with an installer that wont run on Vista. Both my old and new OS's are 32bit in case that helps.
If anyone can help all thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid that you are going to have to ditch using your onboard graphics and buy a Vista compatible video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back