Graphics acting up badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skutty

Hey again TechSpot, I turned on my computer to do some gaming this afternoon and things I have never seen before started happening.. The screen would pause or tear while the game continued on fine in the background, text would bend and shift, and at one point the bloom in the game I was playing would increase every few seconds for no reason, until it became unplayably bright. In all of these situations I could alt-tab to the desktop instantly with no problems, so it wasn't even slowing down my system.
My computer has been running with absolutely no problems for two weeks now (Since I got my DX10 card and installed Vista). The only difference I had made was I swapped a RAM stick with a friend, but the stick he leant me worked fine in his computer, and the trade only put my computer down to 1.5GB of RAM. (It's also the same brand and model as my current RAM)
I have the latest drivers, latest Direct X and I have patched my games. Computer specs are as follows:
3.2Ghz Pentium 4 Dual Core
1.5GB DDR2 677Mhz RAM
480GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 Motherboard
Windows Vista 32x

Thanks in advance for your help TechSpot. :D

Computer Specs missing,This is a Video problem
Name that device.
Also it sounds like a new warranted PC.
Take it back,isn't that obvious ?

Sorry, left out I have a GeForce 8600 256MB. But the PC isn't store bought, I've been upgrading it for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back