Graphics card goes beserk while playing Guild Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo34

Recently I've been having some troubles playing Guild Wars, it start with occasional 1-2 second blackouts, then another time the game crash and gave me a display driver error message, today it went too far ^_^
I got the usual 1 second blackout and then when the screen came up again all the pixels were flashing and messing up the screen, screenshot below..

What's causing this? How can I stop this?

Additional info:
Using an NVidia GeForce 8600 GT graphics card, 2 months old or so.
Running Windows Vista
I can play Crysis on medium spec without any problems.
Also an unusual sound comes from the graphics card, only while guild wars is running, no smell of burning, graphics card is only warm.

Today I bought Farcry, worked well for the first hour or two then I got the usual 2 second blackout but this time my computer bluescreened. Any ideas?

I would try switching hardware around. Do you have your old video card?
If so, plug it in and try to replicate the problem.

Your graphics card is overheating.

Firstly make sure you dont OC it.

Then make sure the fan is spinning 100 percent when you game then you can lower it on the desktop... you can do this with numerous software.

If still you get problems, then RMA time,, gl

Angelo
Can you please post your minidump file(s) please, from all the information you gave so far, it seems like an hardware related issue. Also check your Event Viewer logs for any clues.

>> Tizzlejack
I'll try put in my old graphics card but I think its a driver problem although my drivers are up to date

>> Zib
I hope not, the card is only a few months old.

>> tweakboy
Could be the case, it's only warm when I feel it, graphics card isn't OC'd

>> Archean
All my minidumps say "Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+e2a30 )"

Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back