Green Light On Monitor Keeps Blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
The light on my samsung 793MB monitor keeps blinking and nother apears on the screen. I tried using a different monitor with this computer and it still dosnt work. I also tried a different video card and still light keeps blinking and nothing appears on the screen. I suspect it is ethier the cpu or the motherboard but I have no way of know unless i go to compusa/bestbuy ect, and pay them $100.
The computer was custom built by me last year and just stopped working. There were no recent hardware or software changes. Please help ive been trying to figure it out for over 2 months and almost forgot all the fans and lights and hard drive and drives are running.

Specs:
Intel 3.4ghz
Samsung 793MB(17 inch)
Ati 700X graphics
D925XCV (motherboard)
Lite on Cd/Dvd write/rewrite
Enermax 470 watts power supply
2 gb of ram
80gb western digital hard drive(caviar edition)
and that all thats important

if you are getting no output onto monitors there are only two troubleshooting sources left:

1. you have a bad/loose cable

2. your video card is messed up.

Since you have isolated the monitor as not being a problem, the error is either in your cable or video card.

swap out with another video card to see if that is the problem

Bad ram or loose modules can also cause the problem you are describing. check your ram modules to be sure they are properly seated and then start removing modules to see if it is the ram.

Probably System board

...and since you've also tried swapping the video card it won't be that. Maybe a system board, BIOS, or memory problem. It sounds like your computer is not going through POST since you didn't mention any beeps.

Do the lights on the keyboard go through their cycle?
How does the monitor act when not connected to anything?
Does this monitor work on another computer?

Regards

PDusome said:
...and since you've also tried swapping the video card it won't be that. Maybe a system board, BIOS, or memory problem. It sounds like your computer is not going through POST since you didn't mention any beeps.

Do the lights on the keyboard go through their cycle?
How does the monitor act when not connected to anything?
Does this monitor work on another computer?

Regards

Yes the light on the keyboards fo through cycles. The monitor has this no connection thing floating around the screen when its not plugged into a computer. Yes the monitor works on another computer. I am going to try to check the ram like iss said. thanx

Wierd

Well the wierdest thing just hapened I was going to return my cpu to get a new one, but decided to give it one last try and what do you know it WORKED!! Mabey my computer just needed a rest. Thanx for your help guys.

In your first post you didnt mention if you are having these problems with your pc when it has been running or when it has been sitting long enough to cool down.
You can go into your bios and see if there are any settings that refer to overheating. Some bios have a setting where the pc will shut down if the cpu temp reaches a certain point. Im not saying you should change it just see if its there.
If i suspect a heat issue i take the side cover off the pc and have a table fan blowing on the cpu and then boot up. If it runs fine this way then i know there is likely a heat issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back