GreenWave Reality Wi-Fi enabled LED light bulb kit now shipping

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Greenwave Reality has released a Wi-Fi controlled LED lighting kit that aims to give users complete control over their light sources while at home and away. It's not the first Wi-Fi bulb we've come across but it is one of...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50566-greenwave-reality-wi-fi-enabled-led-light-bulb-kit-now-shipping.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

howzz1854

Now a light bulb "powered" by wifi signal, THAT would be nice. until then, I can get up and flip the switch. or buy one of those light sensored switcher bulb attachment from Lowes.

dawei1993

Now a light bulb "powered" by wifi signal, THAT would be nice. until then, I can get up and flip the switch. or buy one of those light sensored switcher bulb attachment from Lowes.

Now that is a little too much you're asking for. You know that right? haha

jobeard

oops; "powered by WiFi" would literally mean no wiring to the socket and conversion of RF energy to A/C.
The device can easily be "controlled by WiFi" as just any other network device however :grin:

howzz1854

I know it's a lot to ask for. which is why when I saw the title of the thread, it was almost too good to be true. I thought we have finally cured cancer.