1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

GTX 460 768MB @ 850MHz what y'all got?

By herbalfire ยท 6 replies
Feb 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. anyone squeezed any higher clocks out of theirs im using msi afterburner and theese are my clocks

Attached Files:

• gtx.gif
      gtx.gif
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +172

I used to have the 1GB version and ran it at 850 core fully stable, any higher it got pretty hot. That's already a pretty decent overclock.

3. herbalfire

herbalfire TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 43

yeah that seems to be the limit most people are seeing if I go any higher then my system crashes

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,243   +446

Why do you keep saying this in threads?

5. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

I have a 1GB 460 stable, no artifacts with core @1000MHz but Im using Precision to OC, not Afterburner. Sits @61c while stressed...gaming @ 40-50c depending on the game (im not a huge gamer). You got to love cards that run cool. I did have to up my voltage by about .025 to stable the OC. I'll get more out of it though, don't worry.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Here's my 3D Mark scores.

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

You need to update to the new driver.

7. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 317   +41

Hey Guys

[​IMG][/IMG]

It's my 6850 1GB, and it's totally stable at these clocks. Which surprised me.

It's at stock voltage too.

I got it to 930MHz core, but it wasn't stable. It also refuses to go past 1150MHz memory (4600MHz effective).