Half Life 2 beta leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
According to this Neowin post, not only part of the game's source code was stolen from Valve but now a beta version of the game (who knows if it's playable) has also been leaked:

Today the Half Life 2 Beta leaked across the world onto the internet via IRC channels. The release by "anon" shows it's obvious that the hackers who managed to sucessfully steal source code of the game itself also stole the game itself and who knows what else.

And with this also come the news that the game might be delayed until next year, couldn't be getting worse for Valve IMO, it's too bad really.

Just another note here.

If you post snippets of code, screenshots, instructions/links that explain how to download this game or anything else from this stolen software here at Techspot you will get banned and also we will report you to Valve.

According to another thread, that HL2 Beta code is in fact a 1 GB Keylogger in disguise :+). hehe ...

Just for the sake of discussion I can confirm that it is the real thing...

Jamie from halflife2.net confirmed it for me...

impressive hackers could do this but why put it to bad use? Why do this to delay HL2...dang

Well, Per, if it was BS in the first place and you got the "confirmation" from someone speaking for Valve, then they would obviously tell you the same BS. I still don't believe it is all true.

Not exactly, but I am definately saying they are twisting the facts around. I mean, Valve, especially the CEO, isn't going to be stupid enough to leave a computer out in the open with a multi million dollars source code sitting on it. That tell's you someone is lying or really stupid. Either way things don't add up and someone is twisting facts somewhere.

Here is the bittorrent file so you can downlopad HL2 BETA its 1.4 gig and you will need shareaza to download it. The more people how have the bittorrent file the faster it will download?
URL removed

"unknown (leaker" aye? Yea sure and if you are, we have your IP. Have a nice day friend.

We will be reporting you to Valve now. Thanks! Whether you are really this non-existant hacker or not. Your being reported and I'm sure Valve won't have anything good to say about your idiocy.
Await a call pal.

Well.. isnt this a dandy... Yes .. it does exist.. the beta is real.. i just finished playin it... humm kinda sucks.. much rather valve go ahead and just release it to those of us with a free coupon for the game. I mean soo what.. ya they stole it.. soo what.. its no fun to play unless its the real thing.. soo just release the game already.:evil: I wouldnt care if was a complete version they stole.. i still want my free copy! lol Oh yea, no no dont lock the hacking thiefs up.. just send over to my house... as p.i.s.s.e.d as I am about all this i will hide their body`s dont worry! Hackers are worse than Venereal Diseases and those little flying things at pic-nics.. GNATS.. i hope somebody SWAT them!

in reply to acidosmosis>..

My name unknown (leaker) dosnt mean im a HACKER as you think i am. the smartest thing i have ever HACKED is a diablo 2 character. My name means that the HACKERS that defiled the game may not even have one + i dont no the names anyways and about my IP i dont think they are going to do mutch there are so meany threads on the hl2 leaks on this forum and others there are 1000's of threads with links. so if ha want to get me you moses well get the others on this forum as well could even wast some time.

and i may have said this but IM NOT A HACHER! and im not on any1's side ether im just some1 who want 2 play the game earlier
and not wait.

not trying 2 start a fight
Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"unknown (leaker" aye? Yea sure and if you are, we have your IP. Have a nice day friend.

We will be reporting you to Valve now. Thanks! Whether you are really this non-existant hacker or not. Your being reported and I'm sure Valve won't have anything good to say about your idiocy.
Await a call pal.

:grinthumb

Hl 2

Hey everyone, I have played to leaked version and it runs well, Its just that the whole "AI" E3 video (the 30 min one) was almost completely fake. The whole thing was scripted... :(

Say someone downloaded this leak. How might they go about playing it. A person I know can't get it to work? He untared the files but now it won't play. What should this person do?

Hey I think that this thing was not a cover up, they have been working on this for 5 friggin years ever since hl 1 was game of the year...they took all their funds they made from hl and funded hl2 and they took a risk...the videos are not scripted you're playing a beta remember could be missing the ai source code so dont think down of the game and also they can't put the game out cuz they have to re-do the source ( 1/3 of it ) that was stolen so that ppl will want to license it and not just download it thank you people and dont support these gay hackers...

Bob123: Now you have realized the reason why this should never have been released to the public...

This is unfinished software that in no way will represent the final build of the game when it ships....

And "Unknown Leaker", did you fail to see my comment at the very top of this thread?

Hey Bob123 like I said its a BETA meaning it doesnt have the full live up to as the full version will, so don't expect it to be the same...and if it is then oh well I dont think the whole game is AI unscripted because that would cost a ton of money, a ton of friggin smart *** professors and time like 2 more years to do it...I still do think that most or parts like the video shown part are not scripted because why would they basically make 4 or so videos and stuff and waste there money on the game that when ppl figure out is scripted will just return the friggin thing and thanks acidosmosis I only state either facts that are almost 100% true or my own opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back