Half-Life 2 unsolved graphics issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have recently received Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One as a gift on Steam. Installation was completed successfully, but once I ran each game, the graphics were deformed and odd. (I have included two screen captures).

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4650, 1 Gig of RAM.
I've tried updating the drivers, and they're all up to date.
I don't think the card is fried, it seems to work with everything else.

As you can see from the shots, parts are missing from G-man's face, and Barney is.. well..

Suggestions?

- A

Attachments

• G-man.jpg
    G-man.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Barney.jpg
    Barney.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 18
I would suggest to first take the Graphics card out of the loop by installing a new one or by running the game on a different machine to verify that the game does not have damaged files. Are you running this off of a disk? you may consider a faulty or damaged disc drive. A more far fetched idea that I wouldnt consider at this point until weeding out the other ideas is, power supply. Verify proper voltage to the video card. Are you over clocking for gaming?

Looks like a driver issue to me.. Get driver sweeper and clean all the old drivers away.. and start over.

Well, I tried updating drivers, starting from scratch, and turning off the ATI A.I function. Nothing has happened, although turning off the A.I function that was mentioned did help a little.

No, I am not running this off of a CD; It's being run off of Steam.

Perhaps the monitor?

mmmmm, from looking at those screenies i would say your video card memory is overheating, have they been fitted with a cooler?

It sounds like its a video card BGA ram problem. You stated artifacts and that is the memory on the vc, Try lowering the stock speed, and use 100 percent fan speed and let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back