Halo 3 vs. BioShock

The Big Decision...

• Total voters

herringtonjc

On a first-hand account, which game would anyone say is better, I could always go look at the ratings. But that doesn't provide me with specifics and happy thoughts of mindless violence. Anyhow, On a scale from 1-Owns, lay it on me.

I got bored of Bioshock after the second mission (finding the camera from some fisher guy), maybe it was due to to much FPS on my part :<
single player tend to bored me faster, but online multiplayer last quite a while. So i have to said Halo3 for the PC of course xD , but that just me.

If i also get to choose between COD4 or TF2. I would put my money on TF2 babbby!

You can't really compare this to game but according to me Bioshock is better than halo. because the campaign of Halo 3 is not so impressive. It took them about 3 years to make this game and they couldn't come up with something new besides some new weapons and equipments which are not even very useful in campaign. Equipments are useful only in multilayer. Ally AI is really stupid.
While Bioshock is just so fun to play again and again because there is so many ways to kill enemy and Big Daddy instead of just run and shoot.
So my vote goes to Bioshock.

I only play multiplayer online, so i have to say halo. Pretty much can't compare to halos multiplayer.

supersmashbrada said:
There is no H3 for the pc
well ya i know xD

M$ potentially make more money from console along than say a PC. Since each of their 360 game cost more than a PC game. My assumption would be that they would release as much for Halo3 to rack in the cash, than do a port for the PC, similar to GoW for the PC after couple of year leeching off the 360ers. Bold move to squeeze every penny from their fans.

say.. im curious about something - was Halo 1 originally made for the PC?

"say.. im curious about something - was Halo 1 originally made for the PC?"...

Yes, Halo: Combat Evolved for PC

halo 3 on the 360 is heaps better i played halo 1 on xbox years ago and have played many games since then including bio-shock and halo 3 is a tone better, NO COMPARISEN.

Tmagic650 said:

i still have that PC version. i originally got it a couple years ago for my birthday. it had already been out for a little while. i was hesitant because i was still using the same rig i'm using now, but it was a little worse back then. i only bought my PCI radeon card last year. so back then, i was stuck using the onboard graphics chip that came with my dell dimension 2400. i couldn't even tell that there were different types of enemies because they all looked the same. for example, i couldn't tell that some elites were gold, or blue, or red. i could only see them as a metallic silver/blue. grunts were pretty bland too. i practically had little to no textures. and master chief couldn't sport any color except default gray.

it sucked so bad...so when i got the card, i replayed it. and enjoyed the hell out of it.

while halo was a great game, like so many other games, it got progressively worse throughout the series. maybe now that bungie might be doing some freelance, they might come up with a brilliant new game. but halo has lost its flavor to me. even the online multiplayer. i strongly prefer multiplayer call of duty 2 to halo multiplayer. the different engine makes all the difference.

while i haven't played bioshock yet, the overall plot/storyline, and concepts behind it were fantastic. watching some of the trailers of people getting drilled to death by this gigantic thing in a diving suit introduced a level of fear i haven't felt since i played silent hill 3. big daddy just surpassed pyramid head in terms of awesomeness. not even the flood creeped me out as seeing someone get fantastically drill-owned. bioshock is teh win.

Bioshock all the way, Halo to me is just another FPS, the games are good but nothing to obsess over. Bioshock is amazing

Tmagic650 said:

In 1999 Halo was announced for both Mac OS and Windows. Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000. They released Halo for Xbox first in 2001, then for Windows in 2002, then for OS X in 2003.

I've never played either of the games, but the new Halo 3 commercial is so cool it makes me to want to play!!

i've seen halo 3 being played and it was thoroughly disappointing. its exactly like the other two halo games. there isn't really anything different. you just have different crappier guns, and you're fighting some slightly differently tailored aliens...whoop di doo. there's really nothing to it except to run around and shoot stuff. hell..you could probably just run through half of it and make the story line advance that way.

bioshock actually throws in ethics, new fun weaponry, awesome genetic changes that make you amazingly powerful, it has graphics superior to halo 3, and it has several different endings depending on what you do. there are tons of hilarious things that happen in it too. for example...an enemy might try to throw a fireball at you, and miss, lighting a pool of oil on fire. and then, amidst the chaos, the enemy might teleport straight into the pool of fire and burn himself to death. that is freakin awesome. you never see aliens burn to death in halo, do you? i think not.

In 1999 Halo was announced for both Mac OS and Windows. Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000. They released Halo for Xbox first in 2001, then for Windows in 2002, then for OS X in 2003.

Wasn't released for the Mac 1st?

Neither games were good, Because Kratos from God of War would just come down and kill both of them :D

But I agree, the orange box would be a better choice if you have a decent computer, TF2 is one of the most fun multiplayer games I ever played :D

Halo 3 and Bioshock are both really good games but fall short in different areas, but in my opinion Halo 3 is better but only because of the online capabilities but nevertheless, Bioshock is still an absolutely awesome game!

Comparisons aside, Bio Shock is truly awesome and will not be bested any time soon ratings-wise! The weapons and powers are where this game really shines IMO!!!

i'm going to quote a good friend of mine

"Who needs guns when you have a cloud of bees?"

lawl

The bee swarm's my favorite power and the cross bow is my favorite weapon... of course there's a certain gratification when I can hear a turret I hacked pulverizing an enemy somewhere off in the distance!!!

Back