hangs at gagp30kx.sys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so im a pretty odd situation...

recently, from what i believe, many of my system32 files were detected as 'corrupt' through checkdisk...i tried starting my computer up and my RAIDS were apparently 'broken.' i reset the jumper and took out the CMOS battery and it reset everything. through my caldera dr-dos program for WD, it managed to check my 'undetectable' drives and said that they were stable and fine...then once i restarted, VIA recognized the hdds and the array that it was previously set at. i got up to the window where you can choose from different safe modes, last good configs, and regular boot up, but each one fails to boot successfully, and restarts the computer. on safe mode, the computer always stops at gagp30kx.sys, then reboots.

i try running the recovery console via winxp cd, but i get this message:

CDBOOT: Couldn't find NTLDR

and then just goes on the boot sequence.

So, I downloaded the WinXP bootable diskettes from microsoft...got into the setup, but it said that there were no drives detected.

So, I don't know what's wrong. If anything, i am missing a lot of my system files...and i don't know how to get them back on there without a command prompt, recovery console, or whatnot.

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back