Hard drive and motherboard driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw123

Hello

I am working on a project. The computer I'm using has two hard drives that I can access, but im booting from the system's main which is drive C:\

The other drive is J:\, and it comes from a fried computer.

Miraculously all the data from this hard drive is still intact, and I want to put it to work. I would like to use it as a backup drive, in case drive C:\ fails I can boot to drive J:\ and repair it from there without losing any data.

So here's the problem:

I can access drive J:\ perfectly fine, but It still has the old motherboard drivers from the fried computer. It also has Windows XP, as well as all the other system drivers. What I'd like to do is uninstall the old motherboard drivers and install the new ones. This way I can boot from Drive J:\.

The problem is I cannot find where I would go to uninstall the old drivers. I have the new drivers, and I'd like to know how I would proceed installing the new drivers.

Thanks for all your help guys

My motherboard is a MicroStar MS7145
My old motherboard is a Intel 845GV

Thank you
sw123

'The other drive is J:\, and it comes from a fried computer.'

That copy of Windows software is NOT licensed for use in your existing computer thus NO HELP!

Sorry.

Well he doesn't say wants to use that licence again, he just wants a second bootable volume in case the first one fails.

The easiest way to do this is to perform a repair install of Windows on the 2nd drive.

IF that were the case, and I am NOT a mindreader, then that is a distinct possibility.

But ya see, I just don't KNOW!

:)

already reinstalled windows on J:\, just need to remove all drivers and put the new ones on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back