Hard Drive Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: I have 2 hard drives on my computer (C & D). The other day when I booted up the computer a chdsk on D drive took place. It showed a bunch of orphan files and some other stuff. Now comes the problem, in which I think I know the answer but hope that there might be some saving grace out there. When I look at the properties for D drive, it is 0 on free space and used space. All my shortcut icons to things on D drive cant find their programs or folders. I have MacAfee Virusscan and use it frequently. My C drive is fine...so far. Is there any way to try and save my files? Unfortunetly, I dont have a way to back them up because I have no recordable drives. If there is any way possible to find these files and save them and then figure out a way to back up both drives I would be ecstatic. Please Help!!! :confused:

I have to hardrives....when I boot up it tells me that I have a "d" drive "ntfs" but when I go to the properties for that drive, it has no name. And the "pie" chart shows it as full with no space available to write. Yet it says 0% full and 0% available.

That doesn't seem very good at all.

Try going to a command prompt ( Start-> Run -> cmd ) and type in scandisk.

You can also do it by right clicking on the drive, selecting properties -> Tools Tab -> Start now under check for errors.

See if the scan disk finds problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back