Hard Drive not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnym

I just plugged in another Hard drive to my PC... yes I set it as a slave and the main one as master and all that jazz.

When I Turned my comp on I got all the windows is installing your hardware meassages but I went into My computer and its not there. Only the Master is there.

I found it in the Bios at start up and it is set as master and I found it in device manager and it is "working properly".

I also tried adding new hardware and i just got the message at the end saying your horware is working correctly....

Any Ideas people?

Jonnym said:
The are no jumpers on the back of the secondary HDD and i have restarted about 5 times

Then thats your issue you need a jumper. This terminates the signal in the controller

It's not the problem

The computer noes its there i can see it in device manager its just not showing in my computer

how do you do that?

i had a different hard drive in last nite and that showed up just fine by the way

odd.

Go to any folder, tools, folder options and then either reset to default or unhide hidden folders

Run: 06/11/2006 20:13:08

Primary IDE Channel : ST340014A
Model: ST340014A
Serial Number: 5JVXYN8S
Capacity: 40.02 GB
Test result: Self-test routine completed without error.

ill try the 20 minute test now ao ill post that in a bit but i dont think itll achieve anything becase so far everything i have done says the drive is ok

::::

all it has is 2 diagrams on with the jumper on the far left pins and it says master on off and then the next diagram says cable select and that on the second set of pins from the left

yep just as i thought

Run: 06/11/2006 20:36:51

Primary IDE Channel : ST340014A
Model: ST340014A
Serial Number: 5JVXYN8S
Capacity: 40.02 GB
Test result: Self-test routine completed without error.

that was teh 20 minute test

Enter Disk Managerment, right click the partitions which on the new HD and choose "Change drive letter and paths".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back