Hard Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,
Please help me i have some issues with my hard drive basically when I start my PC I surprised to see that my pc was not working properly mean windows not properly load so i want to reinstall windows XP on my system but nothing avail I received error that "bad sectors on Hard Drive" so I checked my hard drive through bootable software’s but problem not solved now my computer is not detected my hard drive
But when i purchase new hard drive its working OK with my system

Now i want to recover my so professional data from my old hard drive but when I connect it with system it’s not detected

So please help me to solve this problem and recover my data

Dear when I connect my old hard drive its not detected but its seems HOT when I touch the surface

Waiting for your kind feedbacks

Regards,
Umar

good luck on that one..there are many software titles out there that might be able to pull the data off of the hdd but not unless windows is actually detecting the drive...so unless you want to spend alot of money to have data recovery done then you are kind of out of luck on this one.your hdd is dead and without a clean room and a shell hdd and the know how to swap disk platters then no you won't be able to recover your data

Did you jumper the drives as master/slave?? If you do not do this correctly the system may not recognize your old drive.

if he jumers the drives the same on the same ide then the system will more then likely not even post..just make sure they are on seperate ide cable or the jumpers are set accordingly..but it still sounds like to me that the hdd is dead and needs to be tossed...

if he jumers the drives the same on the same ide then the system will more then likely not even post..just make sure they are on seperate ide cable or the jumpers are set accordingly..but it still sounds like to me that the hdd is dead and needs to be tossed...

You can attach both drives to the same cable. Master should go on the end and slave will go in the middle. You need to jumper them accordingly (master/slave) or you can also jumper them both as CS (cable select) and as long as you attach the cable as I stated it should also work. Of course if you have a seconday IDE available you can attach to that and not bother with the jumpers. It could be the hard drive is dead but he did state that he was only getting a "bad sectors" error message which means the drive is not totally dead yet. He may still be able to retrieve some information.

kool then his next thread is gonna read " i have downloaded Winhex now what do i do"..the only reason i had assumed that the hdd was dead was because he didn't say "i hooked the bad hdd up as a slave in a working system and now the computer won't post " that would give me the automatic assumption that the jumpers were set right or he had the supposed bad hdd on a sec ide cable..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back