Hard Drive Recognition Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three hard drives:
  • A 250 GB IDE
  • B 500 GB SATA
  • C 500 GB SATA

The first hard drive I can access and store information. The second hard drive I can find on my computer under device settings, but I can't access it. When I look at it's properties it does not have a letter associated with it and I can not find it under the my computer window like the first one. The third on has my OS installed on it and I can access everything in it.

I'm really at a loss at how I can try and be able to use all of my drives. Prevista it worked fine, but after circuit city installed it hard drive B was no longer accessable. I don't think I have any type of raid configuration set up either.

Other specs: AMD Athlon 64 3700, 2 GB RAM, A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo, 32 bit VISTA OS - Home Premium

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks for the help. I'll open her up in a min. I just have one other thing that is a little odd. On hard drive A this file appeared: BOOTSECT.BAK and I wanted to take this hard drive out to have just the two 500's but without this drive and that file my system won't boot. Since the file is a boot file I need to figure out how to incorporate it back into the main hard drive with the OS and be able to have the know where to find the file in it's new location.

Can anyone help?

Yeah, the OS system is on Hard Drive C, but that one file is on hard drive A and I can't load the OS without that file.

I don't know exactly where to put it in hard drive C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back