Hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easy and it should be a 2.5" SATA drive. Please make sure you verify it is SATA and not IDE when you remove the drive, since I'm just going by what I *think* it is. I'd recommend just about anything that is 7200 RPM, for performance reasons. Most laptops come with a 5400RPM drive (slightly slower). Speed also depends on platter density and other factors, but generally speaking, larger drives that are 7200RPM will be the fastest overall... but most people would be hard pressed to notice the difference.

If you flip over your laptop and look at the bottom in a way that all of the labels are facing you right side up (the way you would read them), your hard drive is located on the lower left hand corner. There's a plastic panel with a few (small) phillips screws. Remove the screws and life the panel up (make sure the laptop is off first). This should reveal your hard drive.

The Toshiba hard drives are superb... as are the Seagate and Western Digital. But the Fujitsu's are terrific, and our current choice... We would rank them 1 Fujitsu, 2 Toshiba, 3 Seagate, and 4 Western Digital

I would avoid the Hitachi an Samsung for now and never use the TriGem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back