Hardrive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbiesg

First of all I am not a newbie but I certainly lack alot of knowledge about hardware. I have a floppy, two harddrives which I call my regular one and the one I use to write stuff to, my C drive has two partitions and I have an extra harddrive I use for storage and backup. I had to reinstall win2k. When I was done I went to check out my extra harddrive to make sure everything was still there. When I click on it I get the error message - Y:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect. I also get this error message - The disk in drive Y is not formatted. Do you want to format now. When reinstalling win2k I assume the main drives would revert to there old letters which they did. C remained C and the second partition remained E Xtra Space but my extra harddrive was relettered and renamed which I found odd. Is there a way I can get all of my stored and backed up stuff from my extra harddrive? I look forward to your answer and any help you can give me. Thank you.
Debbie

Disc Management

Have a look in Disc Management and see how it is recognised. If the status is healthy you can change the drive letter from here.

The disc management says the drive is healthy. I have already changed the letter back to Y. What I want to know is if I can get the stuff that I had backed up on it back? Thanks
Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back