Hardware or Software related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doradeno2003

Hi to all this is my first post , I will like to see if someone can tell if this is a Hardware or Software related?

I went to my sister house and she told me the computer do not boot up and when we try it again the screen displayed in small letters "no sistem imput"

can someone help me to find out the problem?

Most likely cause is a failed hard drive. If the computer is three years old, or more, or has a Quantum, Maxtor, or silver colored Western Digital drive, that is the problem most of the time.
Luckily you can now get large drives cheaply at www.newegg.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.directron.com, www.outpost.com, www.TigerDirect.com, and many others.
Do you have the install disc set that will be needed.
If you have valuable data that will need to be recovered, that can SOMETIMES be done, but that is a separate question.

The screen displayed in small letters "no sistem imput" after XP shows up traying to boot but then the screen goes black displaying this massage!
and I can hear the HD working.
The computer is a clone but I don't know what's on it I'll find out tomorrow.

It sounds more like a video issue than a Hard drive issue.

First check the video cable/plugs from the PC to the monitor,

are in the right sockets and secure.

If you have two video outputs on the PC,try the other one.

Has your sister been moving the computer or monitor around ?

Hello Guy's
I went back to my sister House with my Laptop and connected her monitor to my Laptop and did the same thing to me "no system input" after XP try to load and then went back to restart and doing the same thing over again.

I also try another monitor on Her computer and it did the same thing!
so what else can I chek?

So you have ruled out the computer and the monitor as the problem ! :confused:

That just leaves the cables/connectors.Try different cable.

Try all possible outputs and inputs.

Can`t think of anything else,at the moment.

Thanks guys I think it is the OS , I started to run my OS set up and it was running so I stopped because it was going to erase all her files and we did not wanted that and since I have XP Professional and hers is XP Home Edition I could not run it to fix it, now all I have to do is find a copy of her OS and use the feature to fix it.

You can only use a Full Version of Windows, not an OEM, nor Academic, nor recovery/restore set. Otherwise, the data on it will always be destroyed. It is a Microsoft thing.

All done Guys...it was the XP OS I formated the HD after saving all her files on my PC then installed a new OS, till today everything is running s mood!

Thanks for everything Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back