have I fixed my 540.filost problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdee

About 3 days ago I started receiving the IE pop up from 540.filost so after much search and reading all of the previous posts, I have done the steps to which I believe will fix the problem. Only issue I was having with trying to follow the steps, was while in safe mode I was not ever able to just open windows explorer, or atleast I dont think I could. It was solid black screen with safe mode in the corners, nothing else. I then did alt control delete and started new processes that way, by turning off my system restore, then running the hijackthis and trying to "fix" all the noticeable problems based from other posts. I have attached (2) hijackthis text files, one while in safe mode after the fix, and one after the reboot in current status. As I just rebooted again after the "fix".. guess what, IE pop up, 504.filost.. ???? Please look at my logs and tell me what I have missed or should fix. Thank you so much.

Boot in Safe Mode
Run HJT again and fix these entries:
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {0199DF25-9820-4bd5-9FEE-5A765AB4371E} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: ATLDistrib Object - {93C6313C-9DB4-4694-8BD0-E378C573A9AD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ssttq - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll

thanks hunter, i did the new fixes, but altho I fixed the 3 you listed, when I restart normally, then run a new log on HJT, the
O2 - BHO: ATLDistrib Object - {93C6313C-9DB4-4694-8BD0-E378C573A9AD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssttq.dll

does not fix, or delete.

Should there be a way around this to delete it permanently?
I have attached a new HJT log. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back