Have to keep putting in WEP key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvrslep303

I'm using Windows XP SP2 and when I try to connect to my wireless internet, it won't. I'll go to "View Available Wireless Networks" and then find my wireless internet and click "connect"

It'll say say "Connected!" but then on the list it will say "Not connected" or "Limited or No Internet" The only way to get it to work is to click "changed advanced options" on the list, "Wireless Networks" tab, under my preferred networks "properties", and putting in my WEP again. then my internet works for about 15-30 mins until it just dies again and I have to do it again. Why is this doing this and how can i make it stop?

If this helps, yesterday I was at a LAN party and was on another wireless internet but I changed it back to mine when I got home, so I don't know what the problem is

delete the old connection and recreate it with the Wireless Net Wizard, let it be the preferred link

How do I delete the old connection? I can't figure it out. I tried doing the wireless net wizard and I couldn't seem to find my Wireless connection to connect to

1. uninstall the driver/software utility
2. reboot the system
3. install the driver/software utility
4. when the wireless connection is detected
5 now click on connect
6. type in your WEP key and continue now

You should be all set, if you still have issues download the latest drivers or patch XP to SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back