Having problem with Direct3D Failure "IDirect3D9::CreateDevice Failed

Hey guys I really need help, its a long story how I got to here but ill much appreciate if someone could help me

It started out with me just playing Neverwinter an mmorpg and I notice that in the game it recommended me to lower my graphic and render even lower then what I usually have it. so I end up wanting to download a better graphic driver, I just google how to get better game quality it led me to Nvidia so I just end up downloading it without me reading or nothing which was a bad idea because at that time I didnt know it wasnt compatible with the Graphic card which is a AMD, after I download it my screen went black during setup so I just went to Safe Mode then uninstall Nvidia I uninstall most of Nvidia files the ones I cant uninstall is NVIDIA Driver and NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.13.0604 it just wont let me. so I just end up downloading AMD Catalyst Display Driver but nothing happend, when I try to play Neverwinter it just says

"Couldn't Create D3D device. IDirect3D9::CreateDevice failed with hr D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (0x8876086a) "

I hit ok then it just says

"Fatal Error: Unable to create DirectX render device! One of the following may help you resolve this issue: restart your computer, ensure your video drivers are up to date, conact technical support."

my computer is a

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire X1200
BIOS: Phoenic - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Athlon 64 Dual Core 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 3838MB RAM
Page file: 2257MB used, 5640MB available
Directx Version: DirectX 11

when I see what device I have it says

Name: Standard VGA Graphic Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip Type: NVIDIA (even though I uninstall everything of NVIDA it says this, which I find confusing)
DAC Type:8bit
Approx. Total Memory: n/a
Current Displaty Mode: 1024x768 (32bit) (1Hz)
Monitor:(Blank)

and the Directx Features

DirectDraw Acceleration: Not Available
Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available
AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

I really want to know whats going on could someone please help thank you for your time.

[FONT=arial] [/FONT]

Download Driver Sweeper and uninstall all graphic related drivers. Then, download the AMD uninstall utility and run it as an added measure. You will then download the latest AMD drivers appropriate for your card and see if that fixes the problem.

You can download Drive Sweeper HERE.
You can download the AMD uninstall utility HERE.
  • Use drive sweeper to get rid of any lingering drivers (graphics).
  • Use AMD tool to do basically the same. It will uninstall the AMD drivers from your system (if any).
  • Download and install the latest drivers for your machine.

Let me know if it helps or not.

Back