HDD doesn't get recognized

I built my desktop in 2012 Sept. These are the specs:

Motherboard: Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply, New Version with Build-in LED Fan On/Off Switch

Graphics Card: GIGABYTE GV-N430-2GI GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I72600

Last night (Feb 9th) I was peacefully watching tv on it. I shut it down before I slept. Next morning, I wake up and turn it on. And my baby doesn't turn on. She won't respond to my fingers. Fans aren't spinning, like nothing.

So what did I do?
-I opened her up. I saw the green light on the mobo was on. This gave me a hint that PSU is “Okay”.

-Checked if everything was connected (even though I haven't moved the computer anywhere lately so I don't imagine anything to get loose). Seemed all good.

-Then I wanted to test the PSU. I unplugged the PSU from Mobo (the 24 pin connector). Only top fan was connected to the PSU. Then I carefully performed the paper clip test. The top fan ran! Woo. This makes me thing that PSU is still “okay.”

-So I connected it to the rear fan component on the mobo. I did not connect the 24 pin connector. So at this point, I still have the paper clip in the PSU plug. I did the test again. Only the top fan ran. Rear fan did not run. Top fan is directly connected to the PSU. Rear fan is connected through the mobo.

-Now I am not sure if the rear fan is supposed to run if the 24 connector aren't connected. If the rear fan should run regardless if the 24 pin connected as long as PSU is directly supplying to the rear fan component on the mobo, then I would say that my mobo is bad. If I need the 24 pin connector to run the rear fan along with the direct connection from the PSU to the component, then I would say my PSU is not giving enough power.

-So I went on got a PSU from best buy with same watts to see if it turns on. It did. Therefore, my old PSU wasn't producing enough energy. However, now my HDD is not being recognized. The BIOS says no Hard Disk recognized. All my SATA cable is connected to my PSU. I feel my SATA cable that connects HDD to mobo is bad.

-I connected PSU directly to HDD and still not luck. I did this to find out if the connector that comes out of HDD had problems which I think it doesn't. Less probable.

-This is why I think my SATA cable from HDD to mobo is bad as it's not giving good connection. I hope my HDD didnt go bad :/. I am trying to see if I can find anyone to check if my HDD will work on their desky.

-Any Suggestions?

Back