HDTV set up and config

charlie muffin

Hi, i've not posted anything on here for quite a while, which is a good thing as things must be going smoothly. However, i've recently bought a Sony HD TV and upgraded some accessories so i've connected a SKY +HD (HDMI1), a Sony Blu Ray player (HDMI 2), a Sony Dongle (HDMI 3) & a DVD/ VHS recorder Scart to AV1.

As per my previous TV (pre-HD), i can use the dvd recorder to record from sky+ and tv but i was trying to see if their is a way to recordfrom Blu Ray?

If it's not possible then i don't mind because it will save me hours of trying to reconfigure the settings and cables but if i can, that would be great to get some advice.

Cheers

It's not easily possible - it's part of what HDCP (used for HDMI) is supposed to do - prevent playback to unapproved devices so they can't make "perfect" copies. There are ways around this, but I haven't looking into that stuff in a while and if I remember correctly it required some additional hardware.

with this
SKY +HD (HDMI1), a Sony Blu Ray player (HDMI 2), a Sony Dongle (HDMI 3) & a DVD/ VHS recorder Scart to AV1.
you basically have
Code:
SKY +HD (HDMI1),              ----------+
a Sony Blu Ray player (HDMI 2),    -----+==== inputs to the HDTV
a Sony Dongle (HDMI 3) &           -----+
a DVD/ VHS recorder Scart to AV1     ---+
I've place my DVD like
cable box--->a DVD/ VHS recorder Scart to AV1 -----+==== inputs to the HDTV
setting the TV to AV1, I can see or record anything selected on the cable box. I'm sure the BlueRay could do the same

Back