Help asap please bios corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch04

hey i just tried updating my bios through the asus update. So I downloaded the .rom for my P5KC Asus mother board. It downloads the file I need. So it says all good to go I have chose the right asus and says just click flash. So I did it erases the old one put the new one on fine and when it verify it says failed. I couldnt get into asus update program so I tried restarting my pc and now goes on 2 sec and turns off just keeps doing that. please please what should i do I am just trying atm taking the battery out for 5 mins to give that ago. What do I do please please
thanks

That same thread also states to purchase a new BIOS chip, from Asus that you can just plug in

But actually I'd download the Dos BIOS Rom and put it on a bootable floppy and restart the computer with it in the floppy drive, hoping it picks it up or something.

The computer shop will just order another chip, or suggest to replace the board

i did it on a usb device but nothing happens how would a floppy do anything nothing goes on the screen. it doesn't give me time to press any buttons.
thanks

Send the BIOS chip to Biosman and have them reflash it with the latest BIOS version. You can have them flash a second one so if you screw up again you'll have a backup chip handy. I've used them before when I bricked my NF7-S and they had a new chip, and a backup, to me in just a few days. I highly recommend their service; will probably use them again if I brick another board.

http://www.biosman.com/

but shouldn't asus get me a new one cause I used all there programs and said it was fine to flash and look what happen?
thanks for your help

Kimsland is right, flashing your BIOS voids warranty, as well as overclocking, and the manufacturer of the board is not to be held responsible for any damage that occurs in the process. If I recall correctly, the software that is included with the motherboard has no warranty and follows a "use at your own risk" style EULA.

ok very annoyed, can anyone suggest a good motherboard thats and sli because I thought this one was but its not. I will pay around the $270 area.
thanks

I have read in the past that Asus would provide a new bios chip at cost in such cases.

Contact them via email with ALL pertinent data in a readable format.

It helps if you register at their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back