Help choosing some parts, also compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill

I was looking at jsv35's Budget Picks thread to pick some parts for a build, but I found some of the parts unnecessary so I just wanted to lower it a bit. Problem is I am not entirely sure that everything will be compatible, and If I even have everything. I need to make sure that this build has everything for it to run smoothly, and also I need help changing a few things in it. I have heard that Gigabyte is a bad company to get a motherboard from because of the very poor customer support, and also something about the mobo supporting ddr2 and ddr3 which makes it unstable. Someone please pick out on that will be the exact same, but of a better company, unless if the Gigabyte one is fine already. I also need a smaller hard drive, instead of 320, can someone choose one that is 150-200gb, and will still be compatible. I don't have a use for the extra 70 gb, because my current one has 80gb, and I have 35gb free space. Other thing is the RAM, I switched it from Patriot 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory because I find the extra 2gb unnecessary, will the G-Skill RAM be compatible with the mobo, because I'm almost positive it is, but I am not entirely sure.

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive I don't have a need for 320gb, so please try to find one that is 150-200gb.

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard I would prefer that this was changed to a motherboard with a company that is more stable, and has better customer service.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

XFX GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI Supported Video Card

Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD

Also, if you can, please link me to a guide to building computers. I know how to do small changes, like changing RAM or a video card, but not how to wire everything up and screw it in correctly. Thank you.

I think that Gigabyte support is much, much better than ASUS support... In fact, it is certainly in the top 10 for support with MSI, Intel, Tyan (great), Abit, FoxConn, SupeerMicro (mine) and Biostar.
I see no reason tp put down a Gigabyte board.

I think that Gigabyte support is much, much better than ASUS support... In fact, it is certainly in the top 10 for support with MSI, Intel, Tyan (great), Abit, FoxConn, SupeerMicro (mine) and Biostar.
I see no reason tp put down a Gigabyte board.
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll stick with the gigabyte. Now all I need is a smaller hard drive, anyone willing to help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back