Help deciding on Case/fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePanda

Well I'm looking at getting the Abit AW8-MAX 3rd Eye II and a 3ghz 64bit p4. I've heard many people talk about the p4 running around 70 degrees at full load, so I wanted help on deciding what a good case (and fans) I should get for this setup.
Is it possible for it to idle within 30-40 and run at full under 50 degrees without water cooling?
Aside from a good case, what's a good heat sink and fan combo for this p4?

Thanks for the suggestions :D

if it was my choice i'd take an a64 system instead, but you can make the choice the way you want. i rccomend than antec P180 (it's pricey but well worth it) becasue of it's great airflow and quietness. for $70 you can pick up a soho file server knockoff (very good-i have one and it is fun to mod) that has stellar airflow as well.

for a HSF i reccomend a zalman 7x00 series model, make sure your box/mobo can fit one. you should also take a gander at thermaltake's offerings, but don't expect any of 'em to be neraly as quiet of the zalman models. and those temps you mentioned are a bit too low for your high end air cooling.

make sure your get a P4 6xx series or a pentium-D, because the 5xx/prescott models run very very very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back