Help for my handycam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds_pandit

Hello all members of Techspot,
I certainly know that i will really get some knowledge here bcaz of all of u.. (bcaz i opened up some other issues in forums & I updated my knowledge also.. thanks!)
Okay now regarding my problem...
I m having one SONY handycam (I don't remember vesion this time). I can connect this handycam with PC using USB port. After that i can download my video / Photos from tape to my PC's HDD. Now what is my problem is - this takes too much time to download from tape to HDD bcaz the software only supports avi output. So is there any software that i can use to directly convert my tape output to mpg/dat so that the file will be in redcued size mode?
Next , If i use some TV tuner card , is there any way that i can use the tv tuner card to download the tape contents to HDD?? Can someone recommend me any good quality tv tuner card???? Also if i download (if possible) my tape contents to HDD with TV tuner card , can quality of tape content be preserved????
Sorry for my bad english :-(

So is there any software that i can use to directly convert my tape output to mpg/dat so that the file will be in redcued size mode?
I'm sure there must be a "save as.." directly to the .mpeg format? you can also try using a dvd burning software like Nero's Nerovision to capture directly to .mpeg..

Next , If i use some TV tuner card , is there any way that i can use the tv tuner card to download the tape contents to HDD?? Can someone recommend me any good quality tv tuner card???? Also if i download (if possible) my tape contents to HDD with TV tuner card , can quality of tape content be preserved????
You can.. but you'll need to find a good quality capture card with the video connections that your dvcam can connect to (like the ones for the tv). Truthfully, i'd like to keep things digital>digital as much as i can..

Hi N3051M,
Thanks for your reply. But unfortunately my handycam's software does not support save as option. so i will try for Nero's Nerovision & I will update the forum as well,
thanks again!

îòêðûòèå çèìíåãî ñåçîíà

ïðåäâåðèè çèìíåãî ñåçîíà ïðåäëàãàåì âàì çèìíþþ àâòîøèíû ïî ðåàëüíûì öåíàì
ïðîêîíñóëüòèðóåì â âûáîðå êîë¸ñ, äîñòàâèì ïî Ìîñêâå áåñïëàòíî

Íàøè òåëåôîíû: (495) 109-95-49, 514-49-77

Âñå <a href="http://www.allshina.ru/">àâòî øèíû</a> äèñêè íà http://www.allshina.ru/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back