Help Help Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I fix computers for people, and I had a woman bring me a computer about 2 days ago, and she said that lightning had hit it. I hooked it up to mine and opened it up to look if anything was lighting and if the power supply was working. Well when I started it up, everything spun like it was supposed to, the hard drive was running, everything was running like it was supposed to. So, I took out the RAM and the CPU, and neither of them looked burnt or smelled like they were burnt. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
The computer is a P4, it's a Dell 4500S http://pcpartsinc.com/product-images2/EB-DE-4500S-Jorge.jpg If there also is a replacement motherboard that I can buy and install, please tell me what kind this computer would use. I've tried to find more like it, but I haven't had any luck at all yet. I need help, I've never seen a computer do this before, and I've been working on them for a LONG time. Thanks! :suspiciou

what's wrong with it? Nothing shows up when you boot? It could be the mother board, kind of like what happend to mine awhile back.

you mean did i do to fix it or damaged it?

For damaged, I accidently scrap the heck out the mother board with some pliers. Don't ask me why because I'm crazy like that.

To fix it, I had to buy a freakin new mother board. Now the new mother board is having issues with the USB. It's basically frying everything I put in it. I've just been having no luck with computer now a days. I might completley convert over to Mac any moment now.

:blackeye:

Dell use proprietary motherboards, mostly from Intel, but modified just enough, so you can't replace it with another mobo (I think they are bastards for doing that). They also use differently wired PSUs in a lot of models!
You will need to take all the removable parts out and test them in another PC.

It's probably cheaper and faster to get a noname barebones replacement, than fighting your way through their unintelligable Indian staff to try and get parts from Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back