Help identifying mobo specs for compatable RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help identifying what RAM is compatable with My mobo as I just bought pqi POWER Series 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) and am having some issues getting it to work and of course I can't find specifications or compatability information anywhere... can anyone help Me out?

downlaod and run cpu-z to acertain your motherboard's model numbers/specs. unless you have an oem build it should be easy to find compatible modules. they would be listed in the mfg's website, btw.

I do know what mobo I have (which shows in My profile as far as what My computer specs are). I have a compaq 6029us. I checked what specifications they had on the compaq website and all it said is that it's max ram was 1gig... didn't specify manufacturer compatibility, or anything else. because that was all the information I had to work off of I took a shot in the dark and hoped that it would work, obviously it didn't. So for the time being while I save money to build Myself a new PC I am looking for possible answers for a fix to this problem.

you have a compaq? in that case, you're wasting your time trying to add memory or change hardware, for that matter. next time you buy a machine, don't get an oem build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back