Help in removing CiD pop-ups needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that some other users have had this same problem and it's really beginning to annoy me - I get a new pop up every few minutes with CiD in the top left of the window. I've tried uninstalling CiD Help in Add/Remove Programmes and installed Super Ad Blocker but a scan of my system came up clean. Also, I've noticed in a few other posts that I may need to post a HiJackThis log, how do I acquire this please?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
P.S. I'm by no means computer illiterate but I'm no good with techno-jargon, so go easy on me please
Thank You!

I had previously used this computer for internet banking, but have just moved house and not banked online since setting up my computer on this broadband connection. When I set up yesterday (after having the computer offline for around 3 months), macafee security centre warned me that I had a trojan. I resolved this issue using macafee. My dilemma is that I'm currently completing very important uni work on this machine and don't really have the time or expertise to do a complete re-install myself, will a clean-up suffice if I haven't banked online with the trojan present?

Judging by your circumstances, it should be fine, assuming your McAfee was upto date during the time u used internet banking. Follow the steps to cleaning and post the required logs as well as the results of the anti-rootkit scan.

Ok, I've run the clean-up up to step 9 so far. As I said though I'm kinda busy with coursework at the minute so I'll run through steps 10-15 possibly tomorrow and post reports after that. Cheers guys

We'll be waiting for your logs 'till then. Do remember to let us know the results of the antirootkit scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back