help me with installing windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoeptegeltje

hello
i got an asrock k7s41gx and installed windows on it but after a monthe is don`t want to boot anny more i tried every thing now i want to instal windows xp again (reinstal) and i got the same problem know ii wil explain the problem:
i put the cd in it boot from it and the setup wil load himself and his drivers than he want to do an litle setup reboot sow my screen turns black and i got an litle stripe goes on and of and i am back were i started now i got win me an d dawnloaded vista and the same problem can somebody help me ?????????

willem

holy broken English Batman! No offense, its just hard to tell what exactly the issue is. Can you slow down, and try to be a little more descriptive?

Wayne

use install disc
at prompt to install where
highligh that drive don't install delete finish this back to install where un

select the drive prompt to format say yes after format auto install
no sata drivers to worry bout
but I would check the video if using a agp card may want to remove clean out the slot and replace
in bios disable video shadowing

good Luck
nice user name stick around

hello again

well i tried almost everything

but it is not my video because i hava one in my motherboard sow i tried that already and with my agp is nothing wrong because win me (now jusing ont he pc) is workingfine but is i put an fresh instalation or replace my xp back up the same black screen is comming up** at the local pc shop they say that is the software but xp has done it before on this pc
**screen with in the left uppercorner a litle sripethat is going on and of all the time

conclusion: can it be my motherboard or will xp not accept my hardware congiguration if it is one of those problems i don`t get is because is hase don it

stoeptegeltje* (it is dutch (explains broken enlish))
*is in english a brick,tile or whatever you may call it

if ME runs the xp should run,on boot hit the F8 key for safe mode see if you can access xp that way
before you do this make sure video caching and or shadowing is disabled
in bios
disable any stop error in bios
I don't remember if that was onboard video or not
maybe time for new vid card

hello

hello

i have tried the f8 thing but it din`t work sow i read a litle boot about xp and tried to reset the boot things (boot record boot log) but 9 out of 10 times i don`t get to the option for windows repair because of that problem and i have always the default settings of my mother board and can not find any of that sadoing things only the settings for my shared videocard not for my agp
i olsow tried to replace the boot.ini and stuff form a pc that workt no succes at all
motherboard:asrock type: k7s41gx bios version : 2.30 (newest)
now i heard that my motherboard company hase troubles with the cheap thing they put on it like that they are broken before you know it becouse you install something sow could that be it or should i go to the shop were i baught it and say that i want an new one it is not an jear old only 6 months or sow ....

try using a bootable floppy drive..get ti the DOS and run a debug. delete any partions and create new.. set BIOS settings to factory and then boot through XP and see if it persists. Dont forget to set BIOS to factory defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back