Help me with this Windows error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends,
I have been getting this error message a lot since I started playing counter strike on my laptop.

I get a blue screen referred to as BSoD "Blue screen of death"
Then the computer restarts and tells that windows has recovered from a serious error
BCCode:1000008e
BCP1:C0000005
BCP2:805C19CC
BCP3:A9B19A48
BCP4:00000000
OSVer:5_1_2600
SP2_0
Product:768_1

The following files will be included in this error report:
sysdata.xml
Mini031310-01.dmp

Beyond the obvious advice that I should not play too many games on my laptop, can someone plz tell me the what caused this error and how to prevent it.

Thanks

Which Windows OS do you have?
Beside the game what else did you add to your laptop prior to this issue?

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Hi Broni,
These are the contents of BSOD.txt

==================================================
Dump File : Mini031310-01.dmp
Crash Time : 3/13/2010 8:04:30 PM
Bug Check String : KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000008e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0x805c19cc
Parameter 3 : 0xa9b19a48
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+ea9cc
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.2765 (xpsp.050928-1517)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini031310-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
=================================================

Also, I am working on Windows XP, and I installed Matlab prior to installing the game.

There is only one crash list because I formatted my laptop recently, but I have faced this error prior to formatting too (about 6-7 times).

0x1000008e - The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M bug check has a value of 0x1000008E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

0xc0000005 means that a memory access violation occurred.

It would have been more prudent if you had posted the minidumps. However, for now I would suggest you to:

1. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, and open Event Viewer, and review all logs with Red/Yellow tags, and see whether it has catched something, if so please give us the details.

2. Upate all drivers (including graphic, motherboard, sound, LAN etc.).

If you have gotten more BSODs since your message, please post your minidumps as it would be much more helpful, you can find them in C:\Windows\minidump. If you have multiple dumps please zip them in a single compressed file.

Also the logs of the Event Viewer:

(1)The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

(2)Windows saved user YOUR-4D7CF87E8D\DAVID registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.
This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

(3)The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( matlabserver ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: matlabserver error: 1008, EngOpen() WORKER_THREAD_PROC failed.

(4)Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 120 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back