Help needed with ECS 915P-A Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this is the right forum for my question but I am desperate in search for help with a ECS 915p-a motherboard that I bought and wanted to run with a 3 GHz P4. I have no idea what's wrong but there is no way I can get the computer to power up with this motherboard.The only thing that happens is that there is a led close to the memory slots that goes on. What that means is not to find in the user's guide so I don't know at all what the led says?
I'd be very greatful for any suggestion what could cause this problem. Power supply is ok and works with my old motherboard so that shouldn't be the problem. Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks

I think you'd need at least a 1 GHz P4 for that. :p

Have you tried doing a clearCMOS or just removing the motherboard's battery for a while ?

Thanks for your advise I´ll try that and see what happens. Also thanks for letting me know I wrote mHz instead of GHz . I guess I'm too tired after 4 hours with that motherboard and will edit that right away :)

i had the same problem with my ecs motherboard and it stopped when i got a 400 watt psu given i had to rest the cmos about 10 times because it kept freezing..seems like a little burn in period no biggie because now the board is up and running great and solid as a rock even though its overclocked to the hilt my advice is stick with it...youll get it..it will just start working. thats what mine did. i was like wow..it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back