HELP !! No Signal to LCD when installed Radeon 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone., This is my first post so be gentle with me!

I've got a Packard Bell iMedia M848 with the following:

Micro ATX Sis 651
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.8Ghz with 512KB L2 cache
1x AGP (4x)
1Gb RAM
Benq 17" LCD

Running Windows XP SP2

I've just replaced by old Radeon 9200 (128Mb) for a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256Mb AGP card and when the card is seated and the PC re-booted, I get no signal to the monitor at all.

The PC boots up okay (you can hear disc activity) but there's nothing to the monitor at all (theres' no POST even!). If I replace the card with the old one, all fine. If I take out all cards and use the on-board VGA, it's all fine.

I removed all previous drivers before I installed the card.

Can anyone help? Is it a bad card, or have I got the wrong card?

Seems doubtful but your PSU might not be up to the task of powering that new card.

What's your PSU make and wattage, also amperage on the +12V rail.

Seems there is a problem with the card, i dont think it would be a power issue that card doesn't need that much to cause the PSU to be under-powered, i would suggest getting a replacment if the card is still under warranty.

Have a look in your manual to see what agp speeds the mobo supports. If i remember correctly i think the 9200 supports both x4 and x8 and the 9550 only supports x8 (i know about the 9550 only supporting agp x8 for a fact as I'm using one right now). If your mobo is agp x4 only then that could explain the problem you are having.

A quick check at Newegg shows that all of the Radeon 9550's listed support 4x/8x. Perhaps Rik's 9550 is different somehow.

I just checked, the sapphire radeon 9550 supports x4 and x8 but the HIS excalibur radeon 9550 only supports x8.

I would suggest trying the graphics card in another computer that is AGP x8 compatible and if it does work in that computer then get a replacement or refund.

Thanks for the help...Problem Solved

I returned the card to the retailer yesterday and they checked it out to find it was the card which was faulty. I took a sparkly new one home and installed it, and presto! All fine.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back