HELP!!! pc sending me through a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunger_force

Hey,

My problem started when i tried to patch bf2 and I was given a warning saying there was insuffecient space on my hardrive. I then looked at my hardrive patitions and it looked like my brother had installed all his games in the xp partition wich has signifigantely less space than the other two. I treid reinstalling bf2 to another partition with more space but it said that it was not a safe drive and i was forced to install the game back in th xp partition. After all this i decided to do a system restore to a point before my brother laoded the latter partition up with games. Once I went back to the oldest date on the system restore i rebooted. It got all the way up to the loading xp window just before you can enter your pass and the screen went black. Once the screen came on again it was going it was at the post window. I tryed it in safe mode and succesfully logged on but when I tried to log on normally it sent me into another loop of the windows loading to post. Any ideas as to what I should do????

Thanks in advance and happy thnx giving!! :)

Go back to System Restore and undo the last restoration. At least that time was better than now.

What is the size of your partitions and how much is left in each?

The xp has about 9 gigs with 1.33 remaining while apps has about 39 and sotrage has 100 with 98 something left. I cant go back to look at them becasue it wont boot into windows : p

As a last resort you can always do that. I've never tried it myself but can you get to System Restore under safe mode?

Ya i just did it and im back on track. However, i still can't install anything to any drive other than c: aka xp partition.

Be sure you are logged on as administrator to make sure you have rights to install on those other drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back