Help, sound card error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've brought a sound card, and it will not let me install it
Hello, firstly thanks for your time.

Okay so I have had surround sound speakers for my PC for 2 years, but they haven't worked to their full potential because I didn't have a sound card, only the sound chip/card which is incorporated into the motherboard GA-K8N51GMF - AMD Socket 754 Processor Motherboard).

So christmas sales and all I decided to buy a sound card (CMI-8738 - 6 Chanel sound card), It is now fitted correctly.

So.... heres the catch, I turned on the computer and clicked on setup on the CD provided and it says. "Our audio chip provides multi-speaker aurround sound and realistic sound effects. Due to the fact that your computer is not equipped with our audio chip, you can not avail yourself of these advanced features." Well that was a kick in the head . I restarted the computer pressing delete repeatedly to bring up the system menu and went onto the phericals list and went down to the audio one and changed it from auto to disable.

I have also gone to control panel and disabled the sound device which came with the motherboard, and then gone to add/remove programs and unistalled that sound device. So now I have no sound, no trace of the old sound device to my knowledge and I am still getting the same error message.

I would be extremely greatful to any one that has an idea of how to fix the problem.

I look forward to all of your replies,

Thank you,

Nick Crane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back