Help to split, burn, move, install 8.5 gb program file iso of cs4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all- This is my first post to TechSpot. I've searched on the topic and found nothing recent or definite on my question, so thought I'd start a new thread.

I have an 8.5 gb iso which I need to install on another machine. The problem is transporting it. I am in the process of splitting it to dvd-r size with winrar, then plan to burn it to two dvds, but am not sure it will install properly after undergoing this process. Will the installer react oddly when it doesn't find all the files it needs on a single dvd?, etc. Maybe I need to transfer the contents of the two dvds onto the installation machine and then reformulate the iso--but I am not quite sure how to go about this.

Anyone with experience doing this? I would appreciate any help I can get.
xoxo Rama (aka lirruping).

This is pretty borderline talk for what is allowed to be discussed here. So I've edited your post to better conform with what is allowed. I'm doing this because I think the general information should be out there, but we don't need to discuss the specifics of the contents of the ISO because that doesn't matter.

What I would do is rar it up into 4.37 gig chunks, or whatever will fit on a SL dvd. In fact, if I anticipated this issue a lot I would buy a 16 gig flash drive... In any case, get them to the machine you want and then unrar to one iso file again. Then I would mount that ISO with Daemon Tools and install from there. Daemon tools is free, just pay attention to what boxes you leave checked during the install, otherwise you end up with a toolbar in IE..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back