Inactive Help! win32 crypt virus killed my bro's laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all im having a bit of a large problem shamefully, borrowed brother's laptop with XP, surfed the net yesterday and the laptop blue screen'd and restarted.

avg suprisingly was not working and no other signs of antimalware/spybot programs which puts the icing on the cake!

after that i knew something was up, started windows as i get a error along the lines of "dgrdgfklgjfdgfj.exe could not be started.
literally.. it is a error with jargon named exe.

installed avast, restart pc, explorer then stops working, tried malwarebytes but i thought i'd need to attack this virus from safe mode.

attempt a safe mode boot and just loads a fair few files and goes black and does the dreaded boot loop.

now just earlier i tried booting normally and now i get stuck after you enter password to access xp user account.

i have a xp disc but wont let me do recovery console, i heard i can burn a recovery console onto disc and use that to boot and fix files (i hope) but i thought i'd come here first before i screw up any worse!!!. think ive done the worst though haha!

If you gurus can help out with words of wisdom then I would be extremely greatful!!!
I really dont want to format this as i will be in the big trouble.

cheers

thedude2322

well i got into xp normally but i cannot use internet explorer,

safemode still doesn't work shamefully,

spybot program will not run and has not for the duration i have installed it to the laptop to amend the issue.

I got a iso image of windows recovery console and booted successfully,
done chkdsk /r.

I am under the impression that because it has infected windows files and allsorts that if i use malwarebytes or avast that they will only be able to delete or quarantine the infected files.
i did around 12 hours ago scan with avast and i woke up to say it found aprox 2500 virus/trojan rubbish, tried to repair instead of remove, and all attempts failed.

if any of you gurus know a suitable program/solution to eradicate this win32 polycrypt virus it would be very appreciated!!!

i feel 2 steps closer 1 step back, painful but i have my hopes up!

thanks

thedude2322

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.
Complete as many steps as you can.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back