Help with new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, this is my first time on this forum board and just want to start by saying hello to everyone!
...............Now here is my problem, I just bought a medion akoya mini laptop ( WINDOWS XP) last week and it has been working great until a few days ago.
While I was on the net the screen went black, but the computer was still running. I had to close the lid down in order for the screen to come back on ( and go into hibernate).
That was on Friday. It happened again tonight. My question is it could it be a fault with the computer itself, or is it possible that it could be a program such as Zone Alarm Security Suite?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

I think it's just hibernation that can cause this very slow (or never) wake up
You could actually turn hibernation off, in Power Management in Control Panel.
Or possible go to your manufacture's drivers page, and confirm everything is updated.

I don't think it's ZoneAlarm

That is strange. Kimsland has given you pretty good tips to start off; as he said make sure your video drivers are up to date along with the rest.

Were you in the middle of something when this happened? Perhaps you can try hitting the power button next time it happens and see if it comes back to life.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the respones guys. It is just driving me nuts. Everything appears to be up to date. I
have turned hibernation off and uninstalled zone alarm (just in case). There just seems to be no particular pattern to when it occurs.... i am beginning to think it could be a bad connection or even a driver.
Guess i will have to wait and see.
Again thanks for the help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back