Help with this Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which specs are different? Can you add a link to the board on Newegg?
Newegg has two different boards, one 650i and one 680i.

This is a different board form the one you first said you were going to buy. This is a gaming board with two 16 speed PCIE video card slots. The first board you wanted to buy had two 8 speed PCIE video card slots. This board is probably better IF you are SURE you're going to have an SLI setup, and it also has an "uber" chipset while the first board is more mainstream. Sixteen speed slots don't really perform a whole lot faster then 8 speed slots when in SLI because most of the data transfer happens through the crossover cable between the cards.

eh i might be wrong i guess i was not looking at the 650i etc just the name of the board.

also is this true it says i can use 4 gig of ram on this board and 32 bit will pick it up?

32 bit Operating systems can have up to 4GB of memory, BUT you will have to remove the Windows cache to get access to all of the memory. Windows counts cache as real memory because it's mapped as such and some of your programs may not work without cache memory. You may also have to take into account any video memory that you have as part of the total 4GB, but to be totally honest I'm not sure about that. I know I have 512 MB in video memory 2GB in system memory and room for 1.5GB of virtual memory or Windows cache in my system.

I honestly doubt that you'll need 4GB of memory, but if your ePenis needs to be that big then be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back