Help with W32.Myzor.FK@yf

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose33

Apparently I have some kind of virus and spyware preventing my computer from working at its normal speed. I contracted this virus yesterday and have been using advice from previous threads to rid my computer of it. Please help because my computer is still not operating at a normal speed. I installed many of the recommendations from the Trojan removal thread. I am not the most computer savy person, but Im trying.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of moose33 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

For some reason the smitfraud will not allow me to use it according to its directions it says after I have extracted the files, dumphive.exe is missing and I cant follow the instructions

That`s strange. Delete all the Smitfraudfix files and download it again from HERE.

Read the instructions on the webpage carefully. What application are you using to extract the SmitFraudfix files?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of moose33 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You need to extract the files once you`ve downloaded them.

What programme are you using to extract the files?

I personally recommend WinRar which you can get from HERE. Once you`ve installed the WinRar programme close all WinRar windows.

Right click on the Smitfraud file you have just downloaded and select extract to SmitFraudfix/

This will extract all the SmitFraudfix files to it`s own folder. You can then follow the instructions for it`s use on the SmitFraud website.

Ok i extracted all the files using winrar and now when I opened it, it said process.exe was missing, but I see that under the extracted files

Delete all the Smitfraudfix Files and redownload it again. If you still have problems, skip it for now and carry on with the rest of the instructions.

Attachments

Please Help, My computer doesnt seemed to have regained its original speed. However, the pop ups have stopped. Attached are the HJT and AVG.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above inactive/harmless entries, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Thanks Howard

However my computer is definately running at a slower speed. I have a program called notebook maximizer from Toshiba and my computer used to only use about 60% ram and now it us using 80-85%. Plus my Internet explorer no longer works for some reason. Any Suggestions?

You should uninstall and reinstall the notebook maximizer programme and see if that helps.

What happens when you try and run IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back