Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribalfears

My computer must have caught a virus recently, windows kept stalling out on me. It would boot up fine, after windows loaded...it wouldn't let me do anything. I reformatted the hdd, did a clean install of windows, got all the drivers loaded...then I get to the device manager and I see that my dvd-burner wasn't there and my on-board audio controller wasn't working. The drivers were installed for the audio controller, but no luck...even with an updated driver. As far as the dvd drive, I have to manually install it every time I reboot windows.

I'm having to use another computer for the time being, seeing as now my keyboard won't even work. I've reformatted 2 hdd's and installed windows on both and get the same result on both hdd's.

It's an ECS mobo, not the best in the world, I know...but it came with the cpu. Does anyone know what is going on, or is the problem the mobo and just replace it with a better one?

It looks like you may have a ram problem.

Google and get memtest and run it for at least seven passes, if it comes up with any errors at all then your RAM is bad.

rik said:
It looks like you may have a ram problem.

Google and get memtest and run it for at least seven passes, if it comes up with any errors at all then your RAM is bad.
or take a shortcut and follow my link below.... :)

So i gather you've downloaded the available updated driver set from the ECS motherboard site for your model?

Ok, memtest took forever and didn't get to finish. I ended up getting a "Blue screen of death" error that I don't even remember what it said. Anyway, I went to Realtek's website to dl an updated driver...that fixed the audio problem. As far as the dvd drive, I put in an 80 pin IDE cable, seems to be working so far.

Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back