Hey Guys Need HELP! Is It Possible And If So How.............

By monte45
Jan 23, 2006
  1. Hey guys does anyone know if you can connect Theater Reasearch speakers to my computer. i have an onboard sound card wich i dont think maters because the TR speakers connect by speaker wire, i was wondering if there was a speaker wire to audio ports converter or maybe a do it urself way w/e works
    heres the speakers im trying to hook up http://www.trtheaterresearch.com/homespeaker/tr-2810-2811.html
    the tall ones

    would appreciate it thanks guys
  2. pcaceit

    pcaceit TS Rookie Posts: 315

    Not a good idea!!!!!!!!!!

    You can connect using a standard (cant remember but believe its 4mm stereo jack) connector you get from any computer shop, you connect to the line out, Your Motherboard is not capable of driving Speakers of those specs, Sound Cards Whether Onboard of on PCI slots are generally only capable of driving small Desktop Speakers with low power output like say up to 10w max(educated guess). You will have to Connect your speakers to An Amplifier and connect your lineout on the MB or Soundcard to the amplifier.

    If the Speaker system Has its own built in Amplifier then you will be able to connect to the line in on the speaker system, You can tell if your speakers have built in amplifier because it wil have its own power supply that you will have to plug into the mains.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...