High load on HDD

DinsCeravs

Okay,here is the thing-whenever I try to launch game(Battlefieldplay4free),pc starts to lag as hell.
The process behind all that seems to be svchost.exe which stresses hdd up to 99%.Why is that so?
I have Windows 8.
PC Specs:
Athlon II x3 450 3.2ghz
2gb ddr3 ram
MSI 760gm-e51(fx)
SG barracuda 250gb

I don't know, specifically.
A couple common reasons:
First, the program is not booting properly. Some part of it is trying to get loaded, but is not able to complete that process. The attempting-to-complete keeps the hard drive engaged.

Second: with a freebie game or app, you often accept to download files that monitor your web-searching and send the info back to home base. Some downloads don't care how much their skulking program slows down your computer. If this is the problem, it is not exactly a 'virus,' since you accepted the whole deal. Uninstalling the game may not make this problem go away.

My guess would be the second story. You can figure out if it is the first by uninstalling and re-installing. Myself, I would try to get away from that program.

It is a licensed game,not just any freebie actually.
And on my old pc it worked flawlessly with no lags or whatsoever.
What I cannot understand is why is hdd stressed so much with this exact game.

For Win/7 (yea, you're on 8) get the taskmgr
(start->search and enter taskmgr) hit enter
go to performance tab

lower right is Resource Monitor (you need admin id/pwd)

on the overview tab you will see four classes of resource
{CPU, Disk, Network, Memory} & for each class, on the right, make all the arrow heads point DOWN to make each class just a small row on the window

Start the game and note all for monitors display in %percentage.

To see see processes using HD, click on the DISK row and then the 6th column heading {total b/sec} and get that so the largest value is on top.

The process using the most HD R+W+ R/W total will always be at the top.

The file to which the I/o is performed is in column 3 (ie file name).

You might like to get some screenshots (ie multiple) to show variations in I/o activity - - the same file will seldomly be the culprit - - pagefile.sys frequently shows up for most folks.

Report your findings and we'll go from there . . .

Back