High-pitched sound from system(almost inaudible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinkoyaburi

It starts when I open a window or a program, but when I minimize it it stops or becomes almost non-present. It is not all the time though. The problem is that I don't know if this is a problem and should I be concerned?

Never mind, I found a simple thread on another forum and one of the replies sugested it was from improper refresh rate. And that was exactly it. Few days ago I played GTA: San Andreas and it usualy changes my screen refresh rate to 60 hz but I forgot to change it back to 85 hz. Problem solved, thank you for this forum.:)

Turn off or unplug your speakers first. All sorts of spurious responses to whatever is going on can cause odd sounds from sound system. Then use a piece of 1 inch rubber hose or tubing to listen (as in a stethoscope) for noise from the power supply fan, or cpu fan. Check also the video graphics card if it has one.
Take a can of difluoroethane gas (dust off, or similar) and clean the cpu heat sink and fan of dust and hair.
Look over your wires inside the case to be sure none are hanging loose and intermittently touching the inside wall of the case.
Look for sound or video changes from some of your installed software, and particularly with games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back