Highest FSB for AXP1600+ with EPOX 8KHA+ w/o upping core voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Hi all,

I have the aforementioned system and I was wondering if anyone knows how high I can push my FSB w/o upping the core voltage.

I've tried 140Mhz and it's still ok and I'm thinking of pushing it higher. Anyone?

TIA.

Upping the FSB also stresses other componets as well so your cpu and mobo might not be the limiting factor. Anytime you up that you are risking damaging a component, although its probably a small risk if you have decent components. Really I'd say just keep pushing it if you like then back it off when it starts acting wierd. But I also don't accept responsibility if something fries :)

NO worries dude. I know what I'm getting into :D I'm just too lazy to open my case up to reset the BIOS when I can't boot up {g} Too bad EPOX didn't include the SHIFT feature to reset the BIOS like what ABIT does.

I unfortunately don't have good enough heatsink/fan and cooling to really do much with mine (T-Bird 1Ghz), I have upped the FSB some but I have problems when the processor hits about 1.1 and even some random problems below that. I think/hope that since my processor temps dont increase very much (2-3C) when I do that that the problem is because one of my 4-5 PCI cards (depending on what I'm using at the time) doesn't like the faster FSB.

This reminds me of my previous OC experience with my Celeron. I upped the FSB to an odd 140+Mhz and the CD writer started giving out odd errors.

I'm a bit jealous coz my friend's 1.6A is doing 2.2 w/o breaking a sweat although his temps are around 55-59C and my 1.4 is hovers at around 43-48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back