Hijackthis evaluation please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a lot of programs "not responding" lately and I'm not quite sure what it is. Here is my Hijackthis log, I would highly appreciate it if some of you would take a look.

Thank you.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    14.2 KB · Views: 7
hello ...

all i can see is a lot of processes launched at boot time, that may cause a slow-down or even a conflict. some files are unknown to me, so may also be a malware infection.

try removing most of non-critical processes by using msconfig & uncheck the items on 'startup' options.

i would consider: the smartdefrag, asus, nero, java update scheduler, apple bonjour, google bar & update, chrome addon, groovemonitor, quicktime task, adobe reader, punk buster utility,

i see that you have a logitech webcam, steam installed & 2 AV + hijackthis launched at startup..

after doing this you may proceed with a full system scan ... hope you get this problem solved as soon as possible ...

cheers!

Here are some nasty files on your computer:
  • O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - (no file)
  • O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - (no file)
  • O4 - Global Startup: Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Philips Webcam\Monitor.exe

Deleted those and see if your problems start to disappear...

Thanks for the advice everyone, Kimsland, is something wrong with AVG?

I deleted the recommended items and ended a bunch of startup tasks but things still keep unresponding.

It would seem so by looking at your original logs it hasn't protected you
I'd go for the better (IMO) Antivirus software Free Avira, of which I use ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back