Hijackthis logfile posted.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i m very thankful to u guys for helping me.... thanks a lot ... u guyz rock.... jus let me know what all things have to be fixed

Couple of little things here but nothing really nasty at first sight:
fix the following, restart and post a new hijackthis log
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [status] present
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [winlogon] C:\heap41a\svchost.exe C:\heap41a\std.txt
O4 - Global Startup: Reset.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\repair\reset.bat
O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe (file missing)

hi albertlionheart... when i double click on my harddrive it gives an error msg sayin that..... please go to the control panel and install and configure system components... and if i right click it gives some ascii character in the first row....
the error is still there.... can u tell me wats the problem with my pc....
regards, amazerhp

OK - so go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager and tell us which of the listed items has either a red or yellow mark against it?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with some real nasty malware.

You`ve also run a crack that alters the security of your registry. C:\WINDOWS\repair\reset.bat

The best advice I can give you, is to reformat and reinstall from scratch.

However, if this is not possible, then we can try and clean your system, but I cannot guarantee success.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of amazerhp only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Though the second HJT log does look clean, the fact that the infected files from the first HJT log were not deleted, means the infection is still on the system.

Add to that the irreparable damage that`s been done to the registry by the running of the crack C:\WINDOWS\repair\reset.bat and I believe the best way to proceed is a re-format. Simply removing the crack, won`t have fixed the registry, as the damage was done, the moment the crack was run.

The bat file will contain the following, or something very like it.

@echo off
Rem: Brought to you by: By the best, The only
Rem: people that did it.
Rem: AngelDeath, Epyx, Slanchoca, DopeWeasel, Meph.
Rem: The now Famous 5.
batch.cmd
inuse.exe security %systemroot%\system32\config\security /y >nul

I certainly wouldn`t have run any such nonsense on my system.

Add to all the above, the fact that amazerhp is having problems with his system and a reformat and reinstall is probably the best way to proceed and will in all likelyhood solve his problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of amazerhp only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Threads merged.

Your system is badly infected. In fact, it`s even more infected now than it was in your first HJT log.

You now have two choices.

Follow all the instructions I gave you in my post#7 of this thread and post the requested log files etc.

Or, reformat the system.

Regards Howard :)

hijack this logfile

i m not able to install.. avg antivirus... n my system reboots frequently.... so please help me... hav posted the hijackthis log file n startup list... thanku

Hi,

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Post only the relevant and requested logs.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of amazerhp only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back