Hikackthis log - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hijackthis log - please help

I am having problems with my computer. Typing on the internet lags, the internet is very slow, Google keeps redirecting me to the wrong sites and I can't visit anti-virus sites. McAfee anti virus hasn't picked up anything. Spybot search and destroy has flagged a pile of stuff including CoolWWWSearch. I have fixed many of the problems with Spybot yet some are unfixable, some keep popping up every time I scan and my internet problems remain.

I have a log that I can post the problem is that it is 200 kb and over the file limit. Can I post a zip file of the log or is that against the rules? I have read the how to and it says log and txt files only so that is why I ask.

Can somebody please help me? Thanks in advance,

Jen

WOW. I followed the steps you told me to follow and what a difference! My internet is back to the speed it should be, there are no lags and google has stopped referring me to bogus sites. Thank you!

Just in case, here are my log files. Do you see any other problems I should be addressing?

I don't want this to happen again, so I am going to also install one of the free firewalls listed on the page you referred me to. Is one better than the other? Or would you recommend a McAfee firewall considering my antivirus program is McAfee?

Thanks so much again.

Please run HJT again, and tick and fix these entries
O2 - BHO: IEByteRange - {722D2939-A14A-41A9-9EAC-AB8F4E295819} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

You can also update your Java by going here: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
This process can be quite slow at times

You may also want to update all your drivers by going here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100658&highlight=Dell+Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back